|Lucy Kennedy Real Name / Lucy Kennedy Full Name||Lucy Kennedy|
|Lucy Kennedy Net Worth||$0.1 million USD|
|Lucy Kennedy Birthday (Year-Month-Day)||1976-4-21|
|Lucy Kennedy Nationality||Irish|
|Lucy Kennedy Occupation||Journalist, TV presenter, Radio presenter|
|Lucy Kennedy Height||1.63 m or 5 ft 4 inches|
|Lucy Kennedy Weight||kg or 0 pounds|
|Lucy Kennedy Marital Status||Married|
|Lucy Kennedy Ethnicity||white|
|Lucy Kennedy Education||University College Dublin|
|Lucy Kennedy Kids||3|
|Lucy Kennedy Kids Names||Jack, Holly, Jess|
|Residence||Dún Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland|
|Alma mater||University College Dublin|
|Known for||The Podge and Rodge Show |
Livin' with Lucy
The Lucy Kennedy Show
The Colm and Lucy Show
|Height||5 ft 4 in (163cm)|
|Spouse(s)||Richard Governey (m. 2008)|
|Relatives||John Kennedy (Father)|
Kennedy first came to public attention from co-hosting The Podge and Rodge Show on RTÉ Two. She has also presented dating show The Ex-Files, the celebrity show Livin' with Lucy, her own chat show The Lucy Kennedy Show and the reality boxing show Charity Lords of the Ring. She has also undertaken some radio work, including The Colm and Lucy Show and Weekend Breakfast with Baz & Lucy, both on RTÉ 2fm. She presented The Six O'Clock Show on TV3.
Lucy attended Holy Child Killiney secondary school. Kennedy's first career was as a flight attendant with Cityjet, followed by a course in television presenting and production. In 2002, she worked as a contestant researcher for an Irish version of The Weakest Link. She later worked as production assistant on An Tuath Nua and production co-ordinator on A Scare at Bedtime and briefly worked in sales for SPIN 1038.
Kennedy began presenting two series of The Ex-Files in 2004 and was approached to co-host The Podge and Rodge Show in February 2006. She described the duo as "like the older brothers I never had" but left the show after three series. In 2007, Kennedy made numerous television appearances on other shows such as No Frontiers and People in Need Telethon, as well as winning the TV Now Award for Female Personality of the Year. The same year she starred in Debbie does Dallas 21.
In April – May 2008, Kennedy featured in her own show, Livin' with Lucy, the premise of which she shared a house with celebrities such as Brian McFadden and Calum Best for a weekend. The show aired on RTÉ2 on Monday nights. During the show she was hunted by the paparazzi and the press when she stayed with the British reality-television personality Jade Goody. Kennedy encountered controversy whilst staying with Samantha Mumba when Mumba launched a verbal attack on Irish radio presenter Dave Fanning using expletives.
Her chat show, The Lucy Kennedy Show, an inhouse RTÉ production, began on 6 January 2009. Her father John was her pianist on the show. She co-presented Charity Lords of the Ring alongside Barry McGuigan in August 2009. After this she took maternity leave. She began filming the third series of Livin' with Lucy in July 2010.
Kennedy signed a contract with TV3 and will co-host a new daytime programme 'Late Lunch Live' to rival RTÉ's 'Today' alongside weatherman Martin King. The Show replaces 'The Morning Show'. It subsequently became 'The Seven O'Clock Show' and now airs as 'The Six O'Clock Show'.
On 7 May 2010, it was announced she would co-present with Colm Hayes for one month the 9 am – 12 noon slot vacated by the death of Gerry Ryan. However, she was not given the job permanently stating that she did not have the necessary experience for it.
She did Weekend Breakfast with Baz & Lucy. This is a "less visible" role in the organisation that is RTÉ. On April 18th 2018, Lucy co-hosted the first edition of a new breakfast show on Radio Nova 100FM (Ireland) with Colm Hayes, called The Colm and Lucy Breakfast Show. (Colm Hayes had joined Radio Nova 100FM (Ireland) as its Programming Director in June 2017.) Some months prior to this launch, they had presented a one-off show on Radio Nova 100FM (Ireland).
|Year||Nominee / work||Award||Result|
|2009||Lucy Kennedy||Favourite Female TV Presenter||Won|
- Dwyer, Ciara. "Lucy Kennedy", Sunday Independent. 27 April 2008. Retrieved 27 April 2008.
- "Paparazzi Scare: Lucy Hunted by the press". Irish Independent. 9 April 2008. Retrieved 19 October 2008.
- Feehan, Conor (14 April 2008). "Not a Fann: Mumba takes a pop at DJ Dave on 'Livin' with Lucy'". Irish Independent. Retrieved 19 October 2008.
- "On the show archive" Archived 31 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine. Today FM. Retrieved 24 October 2008.
- Nolan, Lorna (15 September 2008). "Filling Kathryn's shoes is a Frontier too far for glam newlywed Lucy". Irish Independent. Archived from the original on 4 September 2012. Retrieved 19 October 2008.
- "RTÉ reveals Lords of the Ring line-up". RTÉ. 27 July 2009. Retrieved 27 July 2009.
- "Expectant mum Kennedy taking break". RTÉ. 9 September 2009. Retrieved 9 September 2009.
- Nolan, Lorna (13 May 2010). "I don't want Gerry's job, I'm just too busy being a mum – Lucy". Evening Herald. Independent News & Media. Archived from the original on 13 September 2012. Retrieved 13 May 2010.
- "'Lucy is with us now' Lucy Kennedy is confirmed to leave RTE for a new more permanent role at TV3". evoke.ie. 27 February 2014.
- "Colm and Lucy set for morning show". RTÉ. 7 May 2010. Retrieved 7 May 2010.
- Murphy, Claire (14 November 2011). "Did RTÉ splash out €428k to capture Colm and Jim-Jim?". Evening Herald. Archived from the original on 4 August 2012. Retrieved 14 November 2011.
After Gerry Ryan died, Hayes teamed up with Lucy Kennedy for a temporary replacement programme.
- Murphy, Catherine (16 October 2011). "Female TV Presenters: There is only one Queen Bee". Sunday Independent. Retrieved 16 October 2011.
While Lucy Kennedy is less visible (she's currently presenting a 2fm radio show every Saturday and Sunday between 7 and 10am)...
- "Lucy Kennedy: 'I couldn't work full-time – I'd miss my children too much'". Irish Independent. 6 May 2017. Retrieved 10 October 2017.
- Butler, Laura (26 November 2011). "I don't know how Miriam copes with eight, says mum-to-be Lucy". Evening Herald. Archived from the original on 3 September 2012. Retrieved 26 November 2011.
- "Lucy Kennedy expecting first child". RTÉ. 23 April 2009. Retrieved 23 April 2009.
- Murphy, Cormac (23 April 2009). "Pregnant Lucy prepares for her new role". Evening Herald. Archived from the original on 3 August 2012. Retrieved 23 April 2009.
Lucy Kennedy is an award-winning television host acknowledged for hosting The Seven O’Clock Show and Late Lunch Live. Along with the role as a host in tv field, she also hosts the radio show Weekend Breakfast with Baz & Lucy.
Apart from the media field, Lucy is an actress known for her roles in The Ex-Files (2005), The Podge and Rodge Show (2006) and Livin’ with Lucy (2008).
Wedding: Husband And Baby!
The love life of Lucy Kennedy, 43, addresses the married life with her husband, Richard Governey. Lucy first met Richard during her early 20s and started dating. After eight years of romance, the couple got engaged when Richard bent down on one knee and proposed her with an engagement ring to become his partner.
After several years, the happily engaged couple shared their wedding vows on 12 July 2008 and are currently relishing the married life of over a decade.
In the course of their longterm wedding, the duo became the parents of three children. Lucy and her hubby were blessed with their first baby Jack in 2010. Later, they gave birth to two more kids, Holly (born in 2012) and Jess.
As of now, the family of five rejoices the happily married life of nearly twelve years.
Back in late 2012, Lucy Kennedy lost nearly six and a half kilogram of weight by following the strict HCG ‘made-to-measure’ diet.
As confirmed by the sources, she followed the strict diet of 500 calories per day for twenty days. She revealed that for the first couple of days, she took the fat-filled foods, including prawn crackers and cake.
Later, Lucy followed low-fat foods like chicken breasts and fruit and vegetables. Her healthful diets were set out by the Hospital Group, cutting out sugar and alcohol for three weeks.
Lucy disclosed that being in the public eye made her weight more challenging to deal with after giving birth to her daughter Holly.
Lucy Kennedy accumulates her net worth from her professional career as a media personality. She serves as a co-host of the television shows like co-hosts The Seven O’Clock Show and Late Lunch Live. She also hosts the radio show Weekend Breakfast with Baz & Lucy. As per Payscale, the median salary of the TV or Radio host is $55,593 by which it seems that she might have garnered thousands and thousands of fortunes through media and networking field.
Besides her media hosting career, she started serving as the host of Ireland’s Got Talent since 2017.
Bio(Age) And Height
Lucy Kennedy was born in Sandycove, Dublin, Ireland, on 21 April 1976 and currently is 43 years old. She grew up with the two sisters in her family during her childhood.
Lucy belongs to the white ethnicity and holds an Irish nationality. She stands a few inches taller than his wife while comparing their height.